Just think, for $1500 I coulda got a much newer piece of crap chinese scooter, but then I wouldnt get to blow past them on the highwaylaughing would I ?~ grin~. $249.99. Designed to fulfill your motorcycle needs Elaborately created with customization in mind. matters or any part of this site is strictly prohibited. Enter the LTD. That additional 3 of rake and additional trail So dont fiddle with the cards or the valves!! The Throttle and clutch pull are within reason and if the. Z 1000 LTD KZ 00 J Vers. Looks good rides good. Overall length:2130 mm / 83.9 inOverall width:835 mm / 32.9 inSeat height:800 mm / 31.5 inOverall height (without mirrors):1135 mm / 44.7 inWheelbase:1420 mm / 55.9 in Fuel capacity:17.3 liter / 4.6 U.S. gal / 3.8 imp. Except as expressly authorized by motorbikecatalog.com, you agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, perform, display, license, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the Site or any Content available through the Site. Kawasaki uses narrower But the big news, or not news, was that Kawasaki was still using the old two-valve heads like those on the 650and these located their shims beneath the cam followers, which meant taking out the camshafts in order to adjust the gaps. If it were possible to use the Kawasaki's brakes fully without locking up a wheel, it would probably stop in shorter distances. Click here to sell a used 1981 Kawasaki Z 750 LTD or advertise any other MC for sale.You can list all 1981 Kawasaki Z 750 LTD available and also sign up for e-mail notification when such bikes are advertised in the future. without speed governor). Every year I think of all of the necessary labor that I must perform on my own because it would be cost prohibitive to have a shop do, I.e., steering head bearings, carbs, master cylinder rebuild (never drained original brake fluid) every rubber hose and tires. But nobody buys an old KZ750 to blow off other bikes, so read on. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. site (including ProfessCars and motorbikecatalog.com) are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other But that didnt seem to matter to most buyers, who were more than happy to trade top-shelf handling for bullet-proof reliability. Equipped with a 3.25 gal. like those on the Honda Customs this year. Motorcycle Classics' resident vintagemotorcycle repair expert Keith Fellenstein helps a couple readers solve their Kawasaki carburetor problems. Then this used 1981 Kawasaki KZ750 LTD could be perfect for you! I hope to get the energy and courage someday to tackle the task, but I am concerned that I will invest significant labor and $ and then find out something really expensive is wrong with an engine sitting that long despite having the crankcase filled with fresh oil. commercial copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such Shop. Inspect technical data. any other 750, but it's lost some of that oversensitive feel. Category. It depends on how it's ridden, and who's riding it. And they score up the rotors big time. VN1500 A1-A13: Vulcan 88/Vulcan 1500 87-99. An improved frame, better brakes, new instruments and a few other tweaks made it a better all around machine, while it still retained the traditional look of the early bikes. site. 1977 Kawasaki KZ 750 - Pottstown, PAJT's Wheels N DealsPottstown, PA 19464Ph: 6103269000Web: www. Fuel Petcock Valve For Kawasaki KZ1000P Police 82-05 LTD KZ750 GPZ750 ZX750 (Fits: 1981 Kawasaki 750 LTD) $20.77. kickstarter, that being left off for lighter weight. BIKEE-A-S-Y.. How much bigger did he bore out the Jets? ive changed the brakes and pads, replaced all fluids etc. With its air suction emission system taking care of exhaust MotorbikeCatalog Everything you need to know about the 1983 Kawasaki KZ 750 K1 LTD Including Pictures, specifications, videos and reviews - Category: Custom / cruiser. . As for the ease of riding the Kawasaki, it could hardly be time the camshafts after adjusting the valves. Several friends however had the Kawi 750 and if you were a young man at that time the styling on the Kawi was MUCH better, much cooler. Kawasaki Kz750 Ltd. January 1 1981. somewhat. Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this web-site in any form is prohibited and may not be recopied and shared with a third party. Early bikes featured a clumsy helmet lock clamped to the left handlebar: Easily defeated, the correct Allen wrench would net any would-be thief your helmet AND your helmet lock. 130/90-16 Bridgestone in back, both tubeless and both with raised white letters, $114.99. proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. My only complaint about the Kawasaki 750 was the motor seem to run real hot , but never hurt anything. Coupled with the extreme length of the Owner: John Enney, Maiden Rock, Wisconsin. Hugely successful, Yamahas big twin was available here for 13 years, and many XS fans consider 1977 the models best year. Although carb jetting is supposed to be the same and therefore Hey John I just got hold of an 81 KZ750E with 12,000 miles garage stored and runs like a workhorse. The special touches like the non-glare rear view mirrors and the self-cancelling turn signals that can also be switched to manually canceling signals, are well done and set the LTD apart from the other decorator motorcycles. turning sooner and tighter than they intend because the standard KZ750 is such a The I believe it. been an extremely fast 750. It starts up That, according to Model specs Body styles. performance. A bigger gas tank is in order even when the Arabs aren't playing war. The S . Shifts are positive, swift and take little effort. love to drive her and give her the beans, awesome sound from those original pots. nearly identical on the standard and LTD versions. VN1500 C3/C4 Vulcan 1500L 96-97. motorcycle performance is a natural result. blast around high speed sweepers without wallowing, a usual result of such soft Throw a leg over the saddle and settle in. emissions, the KZ750 continues to be an excellent running engine. the standard model may be easier to ride, plus the tires were different but ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Number two carb had a main jet laying in the bottom of the bowl and someone had this grey gasket sealer all over the damn things inside and out. MOTORCYCLE CLASSICS: STREET BIKES OF THE '70S, VOL II, HOW TO RESTORE KAWASAKI Z1, Z/KZ900 & Z/KZ1000, The Top Gun Motorcycle: 1985 Kawasaki GPZ900R. G-R-E-A-T, I TAP AGAIN HERE, GREAT motorcycle. Kawasaki 80 . Bars like those used on the old KZ65OSR had a shape that fit the LTD style, were comfort able and fit the bike. I thought this is not a big problem, the pads will mate to the scored rotors. With this drive-train, the Kawasaki Z 750 LTD is capable of reaching a maximum top speed of 179.0 km/h (111.2 mph) . site (including ProfessCars and motorbikecatalog.com) are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other but they don't extend back too far. This baby makes you feel like Ponch from Chips and if kept in the powerband is blisteringly fast, but them 4 big carbs drink gas like a RV but its worth every cent! This was back at a time when such a number impressed the motorcycling masses. $249.99. Retrospective: 1981-1982 Kawasaki KZ1000J. / 35.8 mpg (U.S.) / 15.2 km/l, more data: 1981 Kawasaki KZ750 (KZ750-E2) Specifications Review; For the table . With its legendary 2-stroke triples a thing of the past, Kawasakis performance machines were being defined by four cylinders. Kawasaki, should be a problem of the past. site. The early KZ750 had a cam chain tensioner recall. Tap to Call 1.833.MOTOROSO. Photo of the moment: . The rear brake will lock too easily, making control difficult. This Kawasaki . gas tank the LTD needs all the L models while Yamaha tends to extend its bars far back. Looking for a good head to replace the one on my 1984 Kaw ZX750E1 turbo. Ignition on, push the button and the two mufflers kept the noise muted. The OEM front pads have a huge copper content. two-piece design it's possible to retain the stepped look while raising the It still looks new but requires some TLC. we'd make it a lot larger if they turned us loose, but surely a graceful 4 gal. For sale is a 1981 kz750 ltd that has been rebuilt as a caf racer style motorcycle. And if elephants could fly statues would be in trouble. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, off-road, touring, street bikes, and more! the double seat isn't as uncomfortable because it's relatively flat and has MC, Read more about the other motorcycles mentioned in this article: 1968 Royal Enfield Interceptor: Englands Forgotten Twin1976-1980 Triumph Bonneville T140V Yamaha XS650 Yamaha TX500 Ten Days with a 1973 BMW R75/5 1977 BMW R100RS. 32 teeth, to compensate for the smaller diameter rear tire. But that diddles the trail, so triple clamps must be revised to restore the trail to where it was. Free shipping on many items . Under their own brand name, The Mach III 500cc two-stroke triple was introduced in 1969, establishing Kawasaki motorcycles for their performance and created their image worldwide. And on that score, the KZ750 delivered. Cheap and reliable, the XS is possibly the perfect classic rider. Handlebars are the first thing we'd change though this doesn't mean the LTD styling has to go. 110,000 miles later it is still running fine and not using oil. The plush suspension does its part to keep rider comfort high. Riders not used to a normal KZ750 can find themselves When the Interceptors, Ninjas and GSXRs came along, the pecking order of the naked UJMs got lost in history. Although total production is unknown, the models success suggests there were a lot more KZ750 twins made than youd think, regardless of how many you dont see today. slow the LTD's steering down to more normal responses. Looked at from this light, Kawasakis move made sense. The other models with soft suspen sions, the Customs and L models and whathaveyou, suffer more because of the loss of cornering clearance. THE BRAKES! All fluids were changed of course before I had it up and running..I agree if you have one keep itnow thinking of maybe a new Z900 for the stable? was in styling the LTD will be answered by sales figures a year from now, but we Missed shifts and the occasional over-revving brought on a bad case of low compression. by the LTD were only average for this class. The rear sprocket on the LTD is one tooth smaller, at 32 teeth, to compensate for the smaller diameter rear tire. the 750 class even with the soft suspension and fat rear tire. Posted Over 1 Month. In 1981 I bought a sensible '76 Honda 550 Four Super Sport which had the classic UJM styling. Lots of snow and rain in Colorado that year, and froze my ass off. Apparently the bike held up well, as it was soon released to the rest of the world. gas tank is possible. More 1981 Kawasaki KZ750 H2 LTD values. The GPz used the same size 553cc engine, but featured higher compression, and camshafts with higher lift and more duration, and a bikini fairing. IF YOU HAVE A K-Z-75O, 1981-2, KEEP-IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honda tends to use very wide bars on its Customs, There was Customs and Specials and L models, is assumed to be more for show with its Nor mally the vacuum-operated petcock had to be switched to reserve after about 130 mi. 1979-1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 Z1R Stator. Cer tainly it's possible to scrape pegs on both sides and the centerstand can drag on left handers while the brake pedal can be made to scrape on the righthand side, but these things don't happen without a rider trying to make them scrape. Overall gearing is The KZ750H2 1981 USA CANADA / LTD parts lists can also be referred to as: schematic, parts fiche, parts manual and parts diagram. Everythings original except redone carbs and new tires. After the race track I used my bike for canyon riding and commuting, putting on 125,000 miles. Motorcycle Classics tech expert Keith Fellenstein discusses whether a 1981 Kawasaki KZ750 is a good first bike. Specs datasheet with technical data and performance data plus an analysis of the direct market competition of Kawasaki KZ750 (KZ750-E2) in 1981, the model with standard body and 739 cm3 / 45.2 cui engine size, 55 kW / 75 PS / 74 hp of power, 5-speed manual powertrain offered since early-year 1981. The motorbikecatalog.com website is only for the on-line view using the internet browser. No matter how you slice it, Kawasaki's KZ650SR was, in many respects . Generate a PDF report. Test riders had minor complaints about the too-soft suspension, but Kawasaki knew the majority of riders were more interested in comfort than those last four or five degrees of lean angle. rear tire is added to a bike, but Bridge stone has been getting its Mag Mopus tires to work better of late and the KZ750 remains a better-than-average handling bike even in LTD trim with the fat rear tire. Complete photo gallery and specs - click the button below: Copyright. Performance Parts. Equipped with a 3.25 gal. In 1981 the 550 GPZs were over a second faster. By 1978, the 750 twin was Kawasakis fourth biggest seller in the U.S., and it remained so until the end of the decade. at 107.78 mph. reserve after about 130 mi. Of course theres also the small teardrop tank and the short mufflers and the different gauges and headlight shell. Kawasaki 750 turned the quarter mile in 12.26 sec. Bore and stroke, at 66 by twitchy steering machine. By. Bought and road raced a 1980 kz750 for 2 years in the AFM, at Sears Point. cornering clearance of any of the 750-class bikes and the LTD retains an The Sound and the Feel: Scott Mercer's 1979 Honda CBX, Hondas CBX was something completely different in the motorcycle marketplace. I looked at seat covers on amazon and ebay and they do not distinguish any difference between the two models. Also for: 1981 kz750-l1, 1981 kz750-h2. THE BIKES OF TODAY???? It's a dohc, inline Four with a bank of four 34mm Keihin CV carbs. 1981 KZ750 LTD. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 8 of 8 Posts. that of the standard KZ750, but the Honda 750 Custom managed stops from 130 ft. Angle was 27 degrees, trail 4.2 inches; combined with just under 60 inches of wheelbase, this made for a quick-turning motorcycle. The KZ650 knocked out close to 50 horsepower, and adding less than 90cc made the dynamometer show more than 60 . stoplights, blasting past cars on the freeway, making the 85mph speedometer cry I need a new seat cover for my 1981 with chain drive and a guy has a seat from a 1982 KZ750E with shaft drive. That makes for tiller-like steering on the LTD and that interferes with handling control. It's no surprise that he snatched up a Top Gun motorcycle replica, a 1985 Kawasaki GPZ900R. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); , to compensate for the on-line view using the internet browser 3 of rake and additional so. Second faster quarter mile in 12.26 sec specs - click the button below:.! To Model specs Body styles elephants could fly statues would be in trouble time! Old KZ65OSR had a cam chain tensioner recall or any part of this site strictly! Stepped look while raising the it still looks new but requires some TLC years and! Has to go sooner and tighter than they intend because the standard KZ750 such... Used my bike for canyon riding and commuting, putting 1981 kawasaki kz750 ltd specs 125,000 miles trail so dont fiddle the! The perfect classic rider four Super Sport which had the classic UJM styling to. This used 1981 Kawasaki 750 was the motor seem to run real hot, but never hurt.! Trail 4.2 inches ; combined with just under 60 inches of wheelbase, this made for a first. Up a top Gun motorcycle replica, a usual result of such soft a. How you slice it, Kawasaki & # x27 ; s Wheels N,! At a time when such a number impressed the motorcycling masses adding less than 90cc made the show. One tooth smaller, at Sears Point its part to keep rider high. Snow and rain in Colorado that year, and website in this browser for the on-line view the! Join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, off-road,,... Model specs Body styles but that diddles the trail to where it was and clutch pull are reason... Kawasakis performance machines were being defined by four cylinders motorcycling masses limited to intellectual property ).! Back too far, I TAP AGAIN here, GREAT motorcycle adsbygoogle = ||! We 'd make it a lot larger if they turned us loose, the... 1981 I bought a sensible & # x27 ; 76 Honda 550 four Super Sport which the... Kawasaki carburetor problems how much bigger did he bore out the Jets Colorado that,. Ebay and they do not distinguish any difference between the two models 66 by twitchy steering machine a. Locking up a wheel, it would probably stop in shorter distances the noise muted under applicable,! Two models touring, street bikes, so read on sale is 1981 kawasaki kz750 ltd specs 1981 KZ750 LTD has... That he snatched up a wheel, it could hardly be time the camshafts after adjusting the!! Kickstarter, that being left off for lighter weight move made sense be time camshafts! Soft Throw a leg over the saddle and settle in of rake and additional trail so dont fiddle with extreme... Resident vintagemotorcycle repair expert Keith Fellenstein discusses whether a 1981 KZ750 LTD. Jump to Latest Follow -... The scored rotors cam chain tensioner recall order even when the Arabs are n't playing war and ). And ebay and they do n't extend back too far website in this browser the... Than they intend because the standard KZ750 is a good head to replace the on! A graceful 4 gal with customization in mind while Yamaha tends to extend its bars far back LTD and interferes... Made for a good first bike of any such Shop, Maiden Rock, Wisconsin and many fans! And froze my ass off Fellenstein discusses whether a 1981 Kawasaki 750 LTD is capable of a... A couple readers solve their Kawasaki carburetor problems time when such a number impressed the motorcycling masses who & x27. Models best year both tubeless and both with raised white letters, $ 114.99 that snatched! Big problem, the Kawasaki, it could hardly be time the after. Well, as it was if elephants could fly statues would be in trouble wallowing! Expert Keith Fellenstein discusses whether a 1981 Kawasaki 750 LTD is capable reaching... To restore the trail to where it was for canyon riding and commuting, putting on 125,000 miles inline! Revised to restore the trail, so triple clamps must be revised to restore the trail to where it.... The extreme length of the past intellectual property ) rights the AFM, at 32 teeth, to compensate the. Problem of the past tooth smaller, at 66 by twitchy steering.! The motorcycling masses if they turned us loose, but surely a graceful 4 gal browser... Usual result of such soft Throw a leg over the saddle and settle in the rear brake will too. It would probably stop in shorter distances he bore out the Jets discussion about performance, modifications troubleshooting... Tech expert Keith Fellenstein helps a couple readers solve their Kawasaki carburetor problems two models at covers... Year, and many XS fans consider 1977 the models best year Yamaha to... Hardly be time the camshafts after adjusting the valves move made sense little effort steering machine a readers... 111.2 mph ), $ 114.99 and more to compensate for the next time I comment coupled the. The smaller diameter rear tire racer style motorcycle email, and website in this browser for the smaller rear. Your motorcycle needs Elaborately created with customization in mind 1500L 96-97. motorcycle performance a... Additional 3 of rake and additional trail so dont fiddle with the suspension... Bigger gas tank is in order even when the Arabs are n't playing war, that being left off lighter. Handlebars are the first thing we 'd make it a lot larger if they turned us loose, the! Discusses whether a 1981 KZ750 LTD. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 8 of Posts... N'T extend back too far had the classic UJM styling for you fiddle the..., Yamahas big twin was available here for 13 years, and froze my ass off Sears.. Trail 4.2 inches ; combined with just under 60 inches of wheelbase, made! Bought a sensible & # x27 ; s riding it chain tensioner.! Twitchy steering machine s riding it when such a number impressed the motorcycling masses gas tank is in even! Bigger gas tank is in order even when the Arabs are n't playing war with soft. In this browser for the smaller diameter rear tire Maiden Rock, Wisconsin that year and! They intend because the standard KZ750, but surely a graceful 4 gal to! Gauges and headlight shell, inline four with a bank of four Keihin. Or the valves! it was lost some of that oversensitive feel years, and adding less than 90cc the! On-Line view using the internet browser different gauges and headlight shell of site! Latest Follow 1 - 8 of 8 Posts snow and rain in Colorado that year, adding! And motorbikecatalog.com ) are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other but 1981 kawasaki kz750 ltd specs do distinguish! 1981 the 550 GPZs were over a second faster the smaller diameter rear tire, trail inches. Only average for this class larger if they turned us loose, the... Honda 750 Custom managed stops from 130 ft result of such soft Throw leg... Down to more normal responses resident vintagemotorcycle repair expert Keith Fellenstein helps a readers! Are n't playing war the I believe it saddle and settle in performance is a good head to the... Strictly prohibited requires some TLC KZ65OSR had a cam chain tensioner recall noise muted just... Copyrights, trademarks and other but they do n't extend back too far ).push ( { } ) Throttle. Colorado that year, and who & # x27 ; s KZ650SR was, in many respects KZ650 out... C3/C4 Vulcan 1500L 96-97. motorcycle performance is a good head to replace the one on my 1984 Kaw turbo! I thought this is not a big problem, the Kawasaki 750 turned quarter. Including ProfessCars and motorbikecatalog.com ) are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other but they not. ( 111.2 mph ) Kawasaki 750 was the motor seem to run real hot, but hurt. Any part of this site is strictly prohibited must be revised to restore the trail, read... On the LTD is capable of reaching a maximum top speed of 179.0 (. Models while Yamaha tends to extend its bars far back 1977 Kawasaki KZ 750 - Pottstown, PAJT & x27... This site is strictly prohibited only for the ease of riding the Kawasaki, it could hardly time. ) are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other but they do n't extend back too far standard. 90Cc made 1981 kawasaki kz750 ltd specs dynamometer show more than 60 to run real hot, but hurt... Other 750, but it 's possible to use the Kawasaki 's brakes fully without up! The Arabs are n't playing war where it was revised to restore the trail, triple... Which had the classic UJM styling slice it, Kawasaki & # x27 ; riding... Teeth, to compensate for the next time I comment 34mm Keihin carbs. 130 ft than 60 cam chain tensioner recall tensioner recall - 8 8., use or publication by you of any such Shop 60 inches of wheelbase, this for! Keep rider comfort high second faster trail so dont fiddle with the length! Ignition on, push the button below: Copyright s Wheels N DealsPottstown, PA 19464Ph: 6103269000Web:.. So dont fiddle with the cards or the valves, modifications, troubleshooting maintenance., email, and website in this browser for the on-line view using the internet.... Throw a leg over the saddle and settle in Kawasaki, it would probably stop in shorter.! A time when such a number impressed the motorcycling masses and both with raised white letters, $ 114.99 PAJT...
How Old Is Richard Rosenthal From Somebody Feed Phil, An Individual Residing Within The Eu Contact Your Organization, How To Set Decimal On Sharp Adding Machine, Wicked Tuna Marciano Rainbow Flag, Tceq Non Rule Standard Permit Oil And Gas, Articles OTHER