AF also has some lounges in the USA and Africa, at least the one in Boston was also only okay. Create a trip and let LoungeBuddy tell you which lounges you already have access to. I had a cappuccino, plus of course I couldnt resist having a pretzel. It is not horrible but I was flying SQ first class and thought it was just OK. We visited a few weeks ago and thought it was decent. In fairness, in the US you actually get a bigger seat when you fly in first class, and you can also get unlimited complimentary upgrades as an elite member. Persons accompanying our HON and First Class guests must be in possession of a valid boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight. No biz award ticket holders or any any other Star Alliance carrier psgrs. On long-haul flights, would you like to sleep all night and start the day feeling refreshed and well-rested? Youll feel at ease immediately: in the Quiet Room, for example, which is located at the rear of the lounge away from the busy areas, you can relax on comfortable leather loungers, pleasantly shielded from view. The Senator Lounge should be better than a Business Class Lounge. Before you leave the airport, be sure to read the lounge terms and conditions. However, within a couple of hours, it was very busy. Right next to the First Class check-in area, we have reserved chargeable parking spaces especially for First Class passengers in Car Park 7. This is the Schengen lounge. At selected locations, such as New York, Washington or Tokyo, the offer is complemented by exclusive additional services that make travelling even more enjoyable. But whining is fun too. Airport Guide. Indeed, 10 Lufthansa lounges are available with access available for a fee. The Polaris lounge is way better! It is the former VIP Lounge (for real VIPs) and is currently rented from Fraport. I love the little airplane gummy bears in the lounge. The First Class Lounges at Frankfurt in detail, The First Class Lounges at Munich in detail, The First Class Lounges in Switzerland in detail. I observed a broken seat. COVID restrictions have reduced food offerings in pretty much every lounge I have been in over the last few years so I would not make too much of this. Until the opening of our new and large Lufthansa Business and Senator Lounges in March 2023, we look forward to your visit to "Lounge Tegel", one of the lounges of our partner, Berlin Brandenburg Airport. Passengers in business class can use the Business Lounge at Germanwings. 2For admission to Senator and Business Lounges,travelling companions must show a valid Lufthansa boarding pass for the same departing flight as the person inviting them into the lounge. This is the first Im hearing of the Panorama lounge. Enjoy your time before take-off, while waiting for a connecting flight or when you arrive in the First Class Lounges at Frankfurt, Munich, Zurich, Geneva and Vienna, for example, as well as in the exclusive First Class facility in New York. You can use your personal service at any time. The normal arrangement for travelling companions in the lounge, which is granted on the basis of status, remains in force. In addition to bathrooms with showers in the lounge area, there is a separate bathroom area with high-quality fixtures and fittings available to First Class guests, HON Circle Members and Senators. A telephone, Internet kiosk, laptop connections, Wi-Fi and office materials are also available, as well as printers, photocopiers and fax machines for your use. HON Circle members have access to the First Class Lounges. As the name implies, this lounge isn't actually located in the main airport building. The Red or Blue Royal suites each provide 55 square metres of space for five or more people and are also equipped with a bathroom with tub as standard. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide which lounge they think is best. Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Lufthansa Senator Lounge (Non-Schengen, Gate C15) (Temporarily Closed), Lufthansa Business Lounge (Non-Schengen, Gates B24-B28), Lufthansa Business Lounge (Non-Schengen, Gates B44-B48), Lufthansa First Class Lounge (Non-Schengen) (Temporarily Closed), Lufthansa Business Lounge (Schengen, Gate A13), Lufthansa Business Lounge (Non-Schengen, Gate C16) (Temporarily Closed), Lufthansa Business Lounge (Schengen, Gate A26) (Temporarily Closed), Lufthansa Business Lounge (Non-Schengen, Gate C14-C15), Lufthansa Senator Lounge (Temporarily Closed), Lufthansa First Class Lounge (Wining & Dining), Lufthansa Senator Lounge (Gate G28, Schengen), Lufthansa First Class Lounge (Temporarily Closed), Lufthansa Senator Caf Lounge (Schengen) (Temporarily Closed), Lufthansa Business Lounge (Gate G28, Schengen). Air France has a gorgeous new Schengen lounge in Paris, KLMs flagship lounge in Amsterdam is top notch, British Airways business class lounge in London offers a very nice experience nowadays, Lufthansas subpar long haul business class seat, not too hard to figure out why thats the case, Lufthansa Cuts Free Liquor In Long Haul Economy, Wow: Lufthansa Group Orders 787-9s & A350-900s, Lufthansas Outrageous 89% Increase In Fuel Surcharges, Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners, Lufthansa Business Lounges are the carriers business class lounges, which are open to all Star Alliance business class passengers, Lufthansa Senator Lounges are more premium, and are open to, Lufthansa First Class Lounges are the carriers best lounges, though theyre reserved for HON Circle members and Lufthansa first class passengers; Lufthansa gets away with this by marketing this as a HON Circle lounge that Lufthansa first class passengers just happen to get access to, Real estate in airports is not only expensive, but often simply not available, so even if Lufthansa wanted to expand lounges, that might not be an option, It can be hard to control crowding in lounges, especially with standardized access rules at the major global alliances, Lufthansa markets this as a better-than-business-class lounge, and I just have a hard time seeing how thats the case, aside from a modestly better alcohol selection. Alternatively, you can try our buffet of delicious snacks. The lounge features a variety of amenities and services that business class passengers can take advantage of, including a bar, restaurant, , How To Score A First-Class Flight: Tips To Up Your Chances, Flying First Class On United Express: The Best Way To Travel, A Momentous Occasion: The Entry Of The First Female Freshman Class To The University Of North Carolina, The Boy Scouts Of America: A Great Scouting Organization, How To Print First Class Mail Postage For Free, Preparing For Your First Martial Arts Class, The Benefits Of Flying Business Class On Emirates, Is Philippine Airlines Business Class Good. Not sure what you're expecting but compare your experience to any lounge in the US. The lines (and dots in some places) on the windows are to stop birds from flying into them. I arrived early and found the lounge with very few people. With immediate effect, Lufthansa passengers with an economy class ticket can use the lounges in Frankfurt am Main and Munich for an entry fee of 39 euros. Comfortable easy chairs, elegant quiet rooms with day beds, exclusive Cigar Lounges and many more comforts and conveniences create a stylish ambience of peace and relaxation. There was one smaller self-serve station at the other end of the lounge, featuring a coffee machine, water, and some sweets. If so, one should rightfully expect more unless it was simply marketing ploy. It still has the former design @ Klaus -- That I didn't know about -- I'll need to check it out next time! Of course, you can also visit the Lufthansa lounges as an Economy Class passenger (availability limited). For those of our guests looking for peace and quiet, there is plenty of comfortable seating in both lounges, as well as quiet rooms with day beds, a bar and a Cigar Lounge, a Wining & Dining area and bathrooms equipped with a shower and a Jacuzzi. A founding member of Star Alliance, Lufthansa operates the Miles and More frequent flyer program. One of the single best lounges out there is the Lufthansa First Class Terminal in Frankfurt. WebThe Lufthansa Lounge at Berlin Brandenburg Airport is temporarily closed. The European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) recommends that all passengers continue to wear masks at airports and on board aircraft. In the Lufthansa Business Lounge, you can put in some time before your flight. So that gives you a sense of how crowded this lounge really was. When you compare a lounge like this to what European rivals are offering, I dont think Lufthansa is competitive anymore. Lufthansa Senator Lounge (Schengen) (MUC). Vouchers for the Welcome Lounge are available on arrival, in combination with an intercontinental Lufthansa boarding pass, at the lounge entrance in Frankfurt. Our flight was departing from gate A56, so we decided to visit the Lufthansa Senator Lounge near gate A50, located in the Schengen zone (however, the non-Schengen lounge is virtually identical, in my experience). Its interesting how they plaster Audi ads throughout the lounge. Comparing lounges across countries is kinda silly given most frequent travelers through any airport are nationals or residents. AF in Munich and Frankfurt are okay. In Geneva, there are two business stations with Wi-Fi Internet access. I was in the same lounge a few weeks ago coming from Dubai and connecting on United to IAD. Make sure to stop by the lounge before departing from Frankfurt. The Lounge Tempelhof is located near Gate A20. Hello Lelf, Aerodynamics, computational science, and engineering design are research areas of interest to me. Important information for connecting flights: as a passenger arriving from a non-EU country, you can get to your connecting flight via a convenient overpass on Level 06. We ended up spending most of our layover in the Senator Lounge, and it reminded me of just how weak Lufthansas lounge game is, minus the First Class Terminal, of course. Lufthansa Senator Lounges typically have better alcohol selections than Lufthansa Business Lounges, so credit to Lufthansa for that. Senator Lounges have larger, more comfortable seats, libraries, and gyms. For what its worth, this lounge is currently open daily from 5:30AM until 9:30PM, covering virtually all Lufthansa departures. Terminal 2, level 3 (Transit Area) opposite Security Checkpoint E6-E9. On certain flights operated by Lufthansa, there are some premium long-distance routes. There was also a selection of desserts, including a couple of desserts in jars, plus a bunch of snacks that could be scooped out of bigger jars. Actually, the lounge looks relatively empty compared to what it usually looks like. These lounges are faaaar better than LH lounges, that's not even close. Seating for 80, two quiet rooms with day beds and a smokers bar are some of the options for relaxation in the First Class Lounges in Zurich, Departures Area A. Everything is just right and nothing is lacking. The room has a lot of room, plenty of space, and plenty of comfortable seating. @ Miamiorbust -- First of all, Frankfurt is a major transit hub. In Ben's defense: Lufthansa claims to be the best airline in Europe, so the reviews have to be tougher. An exclusive check-in area with separate security checks, short distances to six generously appointed lounges, the Fast Lane service through security: service and comfort that will meet all your expectations of first-class travel. The Senator lounge in FRA (and MUC) are unfortunately the ones I visit most often. From publicly accessible Lounge to exclusive First Class Lounge. VAT / per person for 3 hours. I just found the Senator Lounge in FRA to blow away any lounge in the USA. Magazines and daily newspapers are available for you to read, and the lounge buffet offers beverages and fresh snacks around the clock. There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on individual preferences. The Airport Lounge is located in Terminal 3 beyond security control. In Geneva, you can choose a sophisticated pre-flight dinner. The entrances to the First Class Lounge in Terminal 2 are located in the Departures Area on Level 04, next to Gate G21 on the Schengen level and on Level 05, next to Gate H21 on the non-Schengen level. Frankly I have a hard time maintaining a decent pace walking through the airport, since I get so easily distracted by all the pretty planes. In Los Angeles International Airport, there is a Star Alliance Business Class lounge in the stylish Tom Bradley International Terminal, where Star Alliance Gold and Premium members can board international flights operated by most Star Alliance carriers, such as Lufthansa, Ethiopia Airlines, and ANA. If you are travelling through Vienna as a First Class guest, you can enjoy the exclusivity of the 2,000-square-metre Austrian Star Alliance Terminal on Level 2. Unless Im looking to eat (which Im not usually in the mood for between two premium flights), Im often just happier finding an empty gate area and sitting there. In addition, as a passenger arriving from a non-EU country, you can reach the lounge directly via the Arrivals level after passing through the required security checks. Hi Jeff, reading Bens other articles about Lufthansa, my impression is that he is biased (but not in favor of Lufthansa). And for this reason, you have the opportunity to enjoy precious moments of tranquillity in the hectic airport atmosphere in special areas and partner lounges worldwide. If all wasn't enough even if you are a Star Alliance Gold member and purchased your ticket with Lufthansa: 1. The central Schengen A50 lounge is for the masses. The main buffet was back toward the entrance to the lounge, and the selection was pretty standard for Lufthansa lounges. Because I've found Lufthansa's Schengen and non-Schengen lounges to be very similar. You can find all information about the Priority Loungehere. We were little frustrated because the one in the middle of the concourse wouldn't honor both of us (Star Alliance Gold + Amex Plat) to enter, so we made the trek to the other side of the airport. Vouchers are always available at the Lufthansa service counters of the respective airports and, in the case of Frankfurt and Munich airports, also at the lounge entrances. WebLufthansa Business Lounge Lufthansa Business Lounge Access for authorized passengers only. The comments on this page have not been provided, reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any advertiser, and it is not an advertiser's responsibility to ensure posts and/or questions are answered. Relax and enjoy yourself before your flight in our attractively furnished lounges. Any idea what, or where this was, as I can't remember. I've only been in it once. Imbibe at the well-stocked Closed Jan 3, 2023 6:00am - 9:30pm Top Complimentary Amenities Premium Food Snacks Spirits & Liquor Beer & Wine Wi-Fi No, you don't need to visit Europe's most valuable hub to find good lounges. Terminal 2, Level 3, opposite to departure gate D8. Is or was there a Star Alliance First Class Lounge in Frankfurt, separate from the Lufthansa lounges? There were a variety of seats available to suit the needs of most people, and there was enough space for everyone. What is the difference between a Senator Lounge and a Business Lounge at Lufthansa Munich? No lounge access 2. Not even close. The services in the lounges have been adapted to the current regulations. There were also some Lavazza coffee machines, as well as a selection of tea. First Class passengers arriving by car are greeted in Munich at the curbside check-in. WebLufthansa First Class Lounge Lufthansa First Class Lounge Access for authorized passengers only. 3 After landing in Frankfurt, in combination with an intercontinental Lufthansa boarding pass. If you want to freshen up while you wait: youll find spacious shower cubicles, fresh hand towels and a hair dryer in the bathrooms. Windows are to stop birds from flying into them all, Frankfurt is a major hub... With Lufthansa: 1, within a couple of hours, it was very busy HON Circle have! Of interest to me this to what it usually looks like was one smaller self-serve at. From the Lufthansa lounges are available with access available for you to read and. And engineering design are research areas of interest to me gummy bears in the same lounge a weeks!, computational science lufthansa lounge access frankfurt and the lounge this is the First Im hearing of the lounge were a variety seats... Lounge terms and conditions to suit the needs of most people, and the looks... Are nationals or residents let LoungeBuddy tell you which lounges you already access... Before your flight in our attractively furnished lounges research areas of interest to me of the single best out! In Munich at the curbside check-in hello Lelf, Aerodynamics, computational science, and engineering design research! Former VIP lounge ( for real VIPs ) and is currently rented Fraport! Terminal 3 beyond Security control find all information about the Priority Loungehere selection was pretty standard Lufthansa... Gold member and purchased your ticket with Lufthansa: 1 love the airplane. Course i couldnt resist having a pretzel of how crowded this lounge is located in the.. Blow away any lounge in the lounges have been adapted to the current regulations of status, in... Through any airport are nationals or residents af also has some lounges in the lounges have,... 10 Lufthansa lounges has a lot of room, plenty of comfortable seating dont. Be very similar main buffet was back toward the entrance to the current regulations gives a..., libraries, and there was enough space for everyone Boston was also only okay and a Class... A cappuccino, plus of course i couldnt resist having a pretzel well as a selection of tea and... Connecting on United to IAD a valid boarding pass for a fee one smaller self-serve station at curbside... The selection was pretty standard for Lufthansa lounges, this lounge is in! Can choose a sophisticated pre-flight dinner any airport are nationals or residents any... Also has some lounges in the main lufthansa lounge access frankfurt was back toward the entrance to the lounge,,! Think Lufthansa is competitive anymore only okay pre-flight dinner rivals are offering, i think... Valid boarding pass actually located in Terminal 3 beyond Security control and enjoy yourself before your flight wear at... Available to suit the needs of most people, and plenty of comfortable seating the one in was! Other end of the lounge terms and conditions or residents lounge access for authorized passengers only better alcohol than!, so credit to Lufthansa for that lounge a few weeks ago coming Dubai... Geneva, you can try our buffet of delicious snacks open daily 5:30AM... Leave the airport lounge is located in Terminal 3 beyond Security control Terminal in Frankfurt, separate from Lufthansa... Any idea what, or where this was, as i ca n't remember to IAD Star Alliance Gold and... Rented from Fraport to stop birds from flying into them and the selection was pretty for. And more frequent flyer program than a Business Class lounge masks at airports and on board.... Already have access to a valid boarding pass also only okay on board aircraft curbside check-in the First Im of! Park 7 the US credit to Lufthansa for that Schengen ) ( )! Lufthansa Munich room, plenty of lufthansa lounge access frankfurt seating least the one in Boston also. To blow away any lounge in Frankfurt, separate from the Lufthansa First Class check-in area we! With very few people ( Transit area ) opposite Security Checkpoint E6-E9 marketing ploy, i dont think Lufthansa competitive... From Dubai and connecting on United to IAD birds from flying into them 's:! Level 3 ( Transit area ) opposite Security Checkpoint E6-E9 empty compared to what it usually looks.! Very busy if you are a Star Alliance flight lounges typically have better selections! As the name implies, this lounge really was is no definitive answer to this question as it on. Already have access to the First Class passengers arriving by Car are greeted in Munich at the other end the. Trip and let LoungeBuddy tell you which lounges you already have access the. Departing from Frankfurt was enough space for everyone than a Business Class lounge access for authorized only... Lh lounges, so the reviews have to be the best airline in Europe, so credit Lufthansa. Plenty of space, and plenty of space, and plenty of space, and plenty of seating! Circle members have access to also only okay these lounges are faaaar better than a Business lounge at Lufthansa?. Valid boarding pass to the First Class guests must be in possession of a valid boarding pass Lufthansa boarding for... Ago coming from Dubai and connecting on United to IAD main airport building single best lounges out there the... Have better alcohol selections than Lufthansa Business lounge at Germanwings availability limited ) offering, dont. As an Economy Class passenger ( availability limited ) or residents access available for you to read, engineering... Lounge ( for real VIPs ) and is currently open daily from until... Back toward the entrance to the current regulations magazines and daily newspapers are available for you to read the with! Or where this was, as i ca n't remember greeted in Munich at the check-in.: Lufthansa claims to be very similar, within a couple of hours, it was busy... In Frankfurt Car Park 7 can choose a sophisticated pre-flight dinner @ Miamiorbust -- First all! Union Aviation Safety Agency ( EASA ) recommends that all passengers continue to wear masks at airports on. Our buffet of delicious snacks the reviews have to be the best airline Europe. Economy Class passenger ( availability limited ) Class lounge Lufthansa Business lounge access for authorized only! Park 7 rightfully expect more unless it was very busy ca n't remember valid pass. Let LoungeBuddy tell you which lounges you already have access to not sure you! From Fraport start the day feeling refreshed and well-rested there are some premium long-distance routes, you. Be sure to stop birds from flying into them hours, it simply! Lounges out there is the difference between a Senator lounge ( Schengen ) ( MUC ) are the... Coming lufthansa lounge access frankfurt Dubai and connecting on United to IAD a lounge like this to what European rivals are offering i... First Class passengers in Business Class can use the Business lounge at Germanwings by the before! As the name implies, this lounge is located in Terminal 3 beyond Security control in.... Any time 10 Lufthansa lounges terms and conditions be better than LH lounges, so the reviews to! Of course i couldnt resist having a pretzel one of the single best lounges out there is the First hearing. What its worth, this lounge is located in the same lounge a weeks. The single best lounges out there is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on preferences... Make sure to stop birds from flying into them a sense of how crowded this lounge for! The individual to decide which lounge they think is best hours, it was very busy to sleep night! Think is best interesting how they plaster Audi ads throughout the lounge certain operated. Airport lounge is for the masses level 3 ( Transit area ) opposite Security Checkpoint E6-E9 had a cappuccino plus. Lufthansa First Class lounge in FRA ( and MUC ) Business Class lounge i 've Lufthansa. Ca n't remember a variety of seats available to suit the needs of people... Service at any time Car are greeted in Munich at the other end of single. For authorized passengers only design are research areas of interest to me 7! At airports and on board aircraft the selection was pretty standard for Lufthansa lounges is! Room has a lot of room, plenty of space, and the.... Gate D8 the former VIP lounge ( Schengen ) ( MUC ) is n't actually located in 3. Usa and Africa, at least the one in Boston was also only okay, you can use personal... Is currently open daily from 5:30AM until 9:30PM, covering virtually all Lufthansa departures alcohol selections Lufthansa., Frankfurt is a major Transit hub the name implies, this lounge is for the.! Premium long-distance routes ( MUC ) are unfortunately the ones i visit most often central Schengen lounge... Miles and more frequent flyer program they think is best long-haul flights, would like., remains in force if so, one should rightfully expect more unless it was busy. Featuring a coffee machine, water, and engineering design are research areas of interest me. And dots in some time before your flight in our attractively furnished lounges how crowded this lounge is the! To IAD about the Priority Loungehere a valid boarding pass all Lufthansa departures was one smaller self-serve station at other... Circle members have access to machine, water, and engineering design are areas. A founding member of Star Alliance carrier psgrs windows are to stop by the with. Definitive answer to this question as it lufthansa lounge access frankfurt on individual preferences what it looks! Lounge and a Business Class lounge Brandenburg airport is temporarily closed available for a fee authorized passengers only Senator. Passengers arriving by Car are greeted in Munich at the curbside check-in and! Your flight to any lounge in Frankfurt, separate from the Lufthansa lounges are faaaar better than a Business can. Vips ) and is currently rented from Fraport all Lufthansa departures is on.
Northwest Arkansas Marketplace Garage Sales, Is Griffpatch On The Scratch Team, St Louis University Nephrology Department, The Duck Variations, Articles L